Saturday, February 27, 2010

TV: P&G Olympic Commercial

I am loving watching the Winter Olympics in Vancouver this year. I am loving watching for the Olympic Moms ad from Proctor & Gamble (makers of all kinds of products like Tide, Crest, Pampers, etc.) almost as much. I will be sad when both stop appearing on my TV.

I was a gymnast when I was a little girl and, pretty much constantly, had visions of myself flipping across the balance beam at the Olympics. I think this is a common dream many kids picture for themselves at one point or another whether they recognize it as a fantasy or not. I think that's what makes it that much more special for the athletes that do make it there. Everyone who has competed in a sport regardless of ability, all had the same dream.

Not that that is the message of the ad, it just makes it relatable. I love the speed skating kids and the sideways look the little boy gives at about :42 seconds into the ad. Although the clincher is, undoubtably, the anticipating look of moms everywhere at the ending shot as the ski jumper is preparing to take flight. I love this ad.

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment