Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MUSIC: 2009 Pop Music Mash-up

I not the biggest fan of current Top 40 pop music hits unless I'm at the club but I must admit that, although I can't stand half the songs that were everywhere this past calendar year, I am obsessed with DJ Earworm's Pop Music Mash-up of 2009. It's almost like the creation of a whole new song; sadly it's one that makes more sense, lyrically, all remixed together, than some of last year's biggest radio hits!

Combining everything from the über-popular "Single Ladies" (Beyonce), "Down" (Jay Sean), "I Gotta Feeling" (Black Eyed Peas), "Use Somebody" (Kings of Leon), and "Just Dance" (Lady Gaga) to "Heartless" (Kanye West), "Gives You Hell" (All-American Rejects), "Love Story" (Taylor Swift), and [the terrible] "The Climb" (Miley Cyrus). Also making welcome appearances are "My Life Would Suck Without You" (Kelly Clarkson), "I'm Yours" (Jason Mraz) and "Dead and Gone" (T.I. with Justin Timberlake).

You can download the track for free from DJ Earworm's website too. (If you don't know how, look for instructions on the right side of the video on YouTube.) Hey, and even if you're like me and don't enjoy half these tunes alone, take solace in knowing Justin Bieber didn't make the mix this year.

Sergio del Limonar

1 comment:

  1. Sergio! I just checked this out on DJ Earworm's Web site. Amazing! You know me, of course I love, love, love it. It makes me want to dance, even though it's 9:00 a.m.

    Miss you! Muah!

    B

    ReplyDelete