Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MUSIC: "Need You Now"

"And I wonder if I ever cross your mind, for me it happens all the time."

No doubt many a broken couple has asked this question to the emptiness of the night. ZONINO! favorite, country trio Lady Antebellum, nails the sentiment beautifully on their lead-off single, "Need You Now", from their sophomore album of the same name. The single has already reached the number one spot on the U.S. Billboard 100 Hot Country Songs as well as the Canadian equivalent, the Canadian Radio & Records Country Singles.

"It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
I said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now.
And I don't know how I can do without; I just need you now."


"Lady A" has performed this song recently on this year's 52nd Grammy Awards ceremony and 2009's 43rd Annual CMA's, each time with heartbreaking beauty. If anyone thought this group was destined to be a flash in the country pan, they're not thinking that now!

Sergio del Limónar

No comments:

Post a Comment