Thursday, February 25, 2010

MUSIC: "Gitana" video (preview)

I've heard of previews for movies, theatre productions, and recordings, but music videos? Something must be really good for a director to leak 30 seconds of a music video ahead of the finished product, right? After watching the sneak peak of Shakira's latest single "Gitana" (which translates to "Gypsy"), I can see the excitement.

The Colombian pop super star, is seen her her usual mid-drift baring garb smiling coyly at the camera while lounging amorously with tennis champion Rafael Nadal. In sepia-inspired tones, the video sample only shows the chorus of the song in which Shakira sings, "aprovéchame, que si llegué ayer me puedo ir mañana; que soy gitana." I'm looking forward to seeing the entire thing; until then, I'll just have to loop the sample over and over...

Sergio del Limónar

*Roughly translated as "take advantage of me, for if I arrived yesterday I can go tomorrow; I'm a gypsy."

No comments:

Post a Comment