Saturday, August 8, 2009

RECIPE: Margie's Fudge

My mother has been on a fudge-making kick as of late and on a recent visit I had the confectionary pleasure of enjoying plenty of her creations. (I mean, it's right there in a pan on the counter ever time I wandered through the kitchen - what was I supposed to do?)

ingredients:

-2 1/2 cups of sugar
-3/4 cup of butter
-2/3 cup condensed milk
-package of semi-sweet chocolate pieces* (size of package depends on how chocolately one wants it)
-1 tspn vanilla
-1 cup of marshmallow creme (my mother claims this to be the secret ingredient! shhh!)

what to do:

1) combine sugar, butter, and milk into a sauce pan
2) bring to a boil stirring constantly
3) after 4 minutes of boiling, remove from heat
4) stir in chocolate pieces* until melted
5) add marshmallow creme and vanilla and beat until blended together
6) pour mixture into a 13 x 9 inch pan and cool

* can substitute 1/2 cup of peanut butter

Sergio del Limónar

No comments:

Post a Comment