Thursday, August 27, 2009

MUSIC: "Take Me On The Floor"

I love it when I'm out at a party somewhere - heck, sometimes in a Target store truth be known - and I hear a song I suddenly can't live without. I was at a bar with a couple friends last weekend when I was hypnotically dragged to the dance floor by this amazing electro-pop gem by TheVeronicas called "Take Me On The Dance Floor."

I'm not generally a fan of anything closely resembling a techno beat, but the Australian duo has crafted something special here. Lyrics that are borderline trashy with a rhythm that makes it okay to say "what? I like the beat" as you shake it all over, under the disco ball lights. Needless to say, I downloaded this one the second I got home and have pretty much set it on repeat ever since. Dance party to go with your morning shower? Yes, please!

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment