Sunday, August 9, 2009

WEB: Fail Blog

Maybe it's my unrequited urge as a teacher to yell out "Fail!" when ever I come across unsatisfactory work. I've found I have more tact than that, however, there have been the occasional presentation I wish I could turn into an episode of the "Gong Show" or, at the very least, have a giant shepherd's hook to yank the sub-par efforts out of the way.

This website, Fail blog, does just what my sickest educationally minded fantasies wish they could do - find and photograph things that deserve the "F" they have coming to them. Signs, news clips, headlines, web postings, and random photography of horribly misguided or ironic things are all fair game on Fail blog.

Although most of the posts are of high quality in the head-shaking department, the site allows visitors to rate each post for how bad it truly does "fail" as well as easily post to Facebook, MySpace, Digg, and a number of other social networking sites.

I just played this one from mid-April a couple times in a row. Definitely worthy of the shepherd's hook.

Sergio del Limónar

PS: Did anyone else know that "shepherd" was spelled with an "h"? (the second one) Fail for me, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment