Monday, August 10, 2009

YOUTUBE: Garfunkel & Oates

Right at this moment I have two heroes: Kate Micucci and Riki Lindhome - also know as Garfunkel & Oates. Just search any of these monikers on YouTube and you'll find a plethora of genuinely clever and humors musical stylings. After a little perusing, these are some favorites, although they all have their smile-inducing moments.

There seems to be something in the water where I work; there are five pregnant women right now and two other recently popped babies out in the last six months. I'm just thankful I don't own a uterus. I'm also thankful that none of the fine ladies with growing bellies are "smug" like the subjects of the hilarious song, Pregnant Women Are Smug. But you know you know some that are!

You hear the first few bars of song on the radio, some far corner of your brain recognizes it, your heart starts get excited because you haven't heard this song since high school...and then you realize that you hated that song in high school. And for good reason. Bubble gum just a little too sticky, lyrics just trying too hard to be deep, phoned-in emotion - it's all there! I feel like Worst Song Medley could have gone on for a couple dozen more tunes, but I think the girls hit on some of the best ones, of the worst, that is. (Seriously, what does "the fireflies dance silver moon sparkling" really mean?)

I can't handle the randomness in this one. Show me a better ending to song, I dare you! Or songs that contain the lyrics "I wouldn't touch you dick if I were poisoned, and the antidote was in your sperm" like the all-too-true ditty Self Esteem.

And finally, one more to keep you busy for a few more minutes. I feel like One Night Stand would both get a standing ovation and a little jealously out of fellow parody musician Pat McCurdy. These girls are just cuter!


Sergio del Limónar

1 comment:

  1. They are such a notorious pair! Garfunkel and Oates that is. If you guys want to see them soon in NYC, they'll be up at the Gotham Comedy Club Oct 14, 6:30 PM.

    ReplyDelete