Wednesday, June 24, 2009

MUSIC: soul of me

If this is the last album you ever buy, so be it! Rebecca Correia hand-delivered it to me this past Sunday and I have been listening to the album on repeat ever since. Stripped down, raw and lyrical, soul of me triggers all emotions and leaves you wishing for more. A Massachusetts native, Rebecca has been writing and playing since 4th grade. "Breathe," the first track, was written at a mere 17 years old - I mean, really!??!?!

It's cool to be on the inside of a songwriter's insight. Living with Rebecca last year and knowing her since college has given me the opportunity to be "in the know" for most of her songs. "Hold Me" is a delicate and somewhat fearful song about her mom's battle with breast cancer (that she beat!) and "Tell Kyle" is about the d-bag that she broke it off with shortly before moving to Nashville. It's also cool because I was one of the first to hear the tune "Oh Nashville!"

Bottom line is that the album is amazing; her voice is spellbinding. Also, the chance to see her live is unparalleled. Do not miss it.

The album should be up on iTunes in the next few weeks and you can also buy it on cdbaby.com.

Mrs. Fitz 1

No comments:

Post a Comment