Monday, June 8, 2009

MUSIC: Brett Dennen

While relaxing at my beach house this weekend, I had the pleasure of stumbling across an artist who is now my current favorite and on a constant iPod repeat loop this week whilst in the office and on the train.

His name? Brett Dennen. His sound? Some kind of Jack Johnson/Ben Harper marriage of voices. In 2007, Rolling Stone Magazine named him as one of their "10 Artists to Watch," but in my opinion, he hasn't gotten enough coverage. His songs have been featured on such primetime shows as Grey's Anatomy, House, Scrubs, and Ugly Betty. He has performed on a number of TV show hosts' stages, including Ellen DeGeneres, Conan O'Brien, and Jay Leno.

He has three albums available on iTunes: Brett Dennen (2004), So Much More (2006), and Hope for the Hopeless (2008). My current favorite downloads are: "The One Who Loves You the Most" and "She's Mine." You can listen to all of his tracks on Last.FM music streaming here: http://www.last.fm/music/Brett+Dennen

I'll be seeing him in concert opening up for OAR at Madison Square Garden in August, and will report back my thoughts and comments then.

Mrs. Fitz 2

No comments:

Post a Comment