Tuesday, June 15, 2010

MUSIC: "Everything to Lose"

I'm not a fan of Carrie and the rest of her gal pals fro the Sex & the City franchise. I've caught parts of maybe three episodes back when I was in college, mostly on accident or while at a friend's house where I had no control over the remote. I haven't seen the movies, nor do I plan to. And when a friend did see the most recent film installation and reported that it was "soooo good OMG you have to see it!!" I quickly reminded myself that said friend still thinks American Idol is a great show and that crocs are cool. However, she did make me listen to one song from the soundtrack that I will admit is fun and catchy and that I must admit I kind of liked...and subsequently downloaded.

Dido is back, ladies and gents. Her single from the Sex & the City 2 soundtrack "Everything to Lose" brings the English pop star back to the dance floor in a slowish electro-pop groove. Her recognizable and soothing voice, as intact as it was when she was on the top of the charts nearly a decade ago, sings of the joys of living life and being content with what you have. Ironically inappropriate for the Sex & the City gals, who from what I've seen, do everything to trump this ideal, but then again Hollywood has held the throne on hypocracy for years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment