Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MUSIC: "Heat"

I know I already labeled her self-titled debut album a ZONINO! worthy record but I just have to throw another Anjulie song on your must-download list. It really is criminal that it was left off the last post entirely; I must have been so overwhelmed by the fantasticness of the Anjulie experience that I passed out while this track was playing. That is the only explanation.

"The Heat" is potentially my all-time favorite song on the entire album. The funky chorus is infectious and I wouldn't mind if it repeated a few more times. Singing of the feeling you get during that infatuation stage of new-love, Anjulie confesses:

I got the heat, see the red in my cheeks,
It's suffocating me, got the hot hot heat
She got the heat from her head to her feet,
She tried to shake it, shake it, shake it
She just can't beat the
Here comes the heat like a fire in me,
Burning up through my blood, got the hot hot heat
He got the heat and he put it on me,
Like a spell from the devil, now I just can't beat the heat


In the opening verse she kicks off with "I got a loss of appetite, I'm so tired, I can't sleep, can't dream, wake up every night." Now who hasn't been there before?

Sergio del Limonar

No comments:

Post a Comment