Friday, November 13, 2009

MUSIC: "Bad Romance" video

Lady Gaga pretty much owns the world right now. At the dance-pop world. I think Madonna gave it to her. And after seeing the amazing video for her newest single, "Bad Romance", I completely and totally fall to my knees at her bedazzled throne.

In this hyper-stylized video, Gaga is awash in a bath house of white (Bath Haus of Gaga to be specific) after being kidnapped by supermodels and sold to some sort of mafia to work as a sex-slave. Bad romance, indeed. While I realize the concept sounds pretty brutal and cruel towards womens' rights, I was strangely empowered by the interpretation.

My favorite images are of Gaga in her gold dress with her pet great dane and when she completely incinerates a John, leaving only a skeleton on a ash-covered and charred bed.

While the song is not my favorite single from the Lady herself, coupled with the video it definitely becomes greater!

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment