Friday, November 6, 2009

WEB: highIDEAS

When I was in middle school, somewhere in between my indoctrination of D.A.R.E. and my strong desire to have Lifetime movie-like rite of passage teenage rebellion, I remember my older college-aged sister coming home from a night out with friends high as a kite. The girl was walking on clouds giving off giggling gas. Had we weighed her, I often imagined a couple houseflies could have alighted on the scale and caused it to double.

The game for my younger brother and I was to ask her as many ridiculous questions in the presence of our (quite naive) parents just to see what she'd say. Her reasoning for why her peas were more wrinkly than ours (they weren't actually) at the dinner table was a hilarious tale of placement in the pot they had been cooking in and how peas fight with each other - grow little pea arms and fists and everything - to maneuver and swim to the top of the bubbling mass.

The forum website highIDEAS brings back so many of those memories for me. In it, contributors add their thoughts about any number of topics that they came up while hanging out with Mary Jane. One writer noticed that the word OK "looks like a sideways person" while another wants Morgan Freeman as the voice for his GPS.

One of my favorites is from a guy who wants for his Grand Theft Auto video game to include "side stories" for all his victims in the game. "Did they lose their job because they were late?" seems like a legitimate question to me!

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment