Friday, April 9, 2010

RAIN WEEK: Lemon Drop Martini

Part 5 of 5
Following the old children's rhyme, about April showers bringing May flowers, ZONINO! presents seven of our favorite "rain-themed" things.


I remember going to my grandma's house as a kid and looking forward to, among other things, raiding her ever-present candy dish filled with delicious lemon drop candies. I imagine that is one reason why I love a good lemon drop flavored martini to this day. Grandma was never one to hit the bottle so its a little strange that sipping one of these tasty cocktails reminds me of her, but that is my Pavlovian connection!

Ingredients*:
1 1/2 oz. (good) vodka
1/2 oz. triple sec
1 tsp superfine sugar (used in drinks because it dissolves well)
3/4 oz. lemon juice (fresh is best)

*If you look online, there are many different variations. I've used this one before but you'll find others that also include orange liqueur or citrus-flavored vodkas.

What to do:
1) Fill a martini shaker half-full with ice cubes.
2) Pour all the ingredients into the martini shaker.
3) Shake until blended (the "rule" is anywhere between 35-45 shakes, depending on the bartender you ask).
4) Strain into a (sugar rimmed) glass and enjoy!

Sergio del Limonar

No comments:

Post a Comment