Sunday, April 11, 2010

MOVIE: Zombieland


Regrettably, the first zombie movie I ever saw was 2004's British comedy, Shaun of the Dead. Since then I've seen parts of other's in the same genre sans the comedy aspect. I prefer to laugh while I'm being occasionally startled.

Zombieland is the American answer to "Shaun" and I enjoyed every gratuitously violent minute. Other than a great concept and script, you have Woody Harrelson and Abigail Breslin in the same movie; if that doesn't scream "movie worth checking out" I don't know what does!

Anyone who likes horror/zombie flicks will love this movie. Also, if you're any kind of film buff, there is a cornucopia of movie references in both dialogue and action. See if you can spot shout-outs to Babe, Caddyshack, Ghostbusters, Deliverance, and many more! Just another added bonus to seeing this great comedy!

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment