Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WEB: There, I Fixed It

I had a friend in high school whose dad was minor celebrity to us all in that fact that he was one of the authors of a little known humor book about the many uses of duct tape.

I can't help but be reminded of this when I visit the website There, I Fixed It. In the same inspirational vein as our previous post about That Will Buff Out, the website displays visitor submitted photographs of Mr. Fix-it's missteps. Sometimes creative, sometimes dangerous, sometimes bizarre, but always terrible, these repair jobs range from using zip-ties and a wine cork to mend a martini glass to using mailing labels instead of tape to seal a box.

I would be the first person to call a repair service (or find a garbage can) before grabbing the duct tape and attempting to fix anything myself, but even I feel better about my own skills after viewing these pictures!

Sergio del Limonar

No comments:

Post a Comment