Thursday, September 17, 2009

MUSIC: "Where Are You Now"

For a blog that more often than not deals with pop culture themes I felt a little in the dark when a friend asked me if I'd heard the song "Where Are You Now"? I said I had not and asked who sings it. He told me it was from a group called Honor Society. The look on my face said "who?" to which he said, "Really? That surprises me. It's from a movie I was sure you would have seen." My next question was to the name of the movie.

Turns out I somehow missed a hit song, a hot new band (my friend called them "the next Jonas Brothers but without the haters"), and a campy movie - which is do secretly love - called Bandslam.

Anyway, I looked up the song and it is definitely worth a ZONINO! or two. Although it seems the video and subsequent film that inspired it center around high school relationships, the lyrics are universal and give homage to all those who have shaped us and made us into the people we are today.

Sergio del Limónar

No comments:

Post a Comment