Tuesday, September 1, 2009

MUSIC: I'm About To Come Alive

The minute I heard his debut single, "Red Light," on the radio this earlier this summer, I hoped that David Nail was going to be big. I don't know if he will be but his first album, entitled, I'm About To Come Alive, is a good start!

The aforementioned single, a tragically poetic story of a guy being dumped in the most unclichéed of ways, shows Nail's skill in crafting and delivering a song. Other highlights of the disc include the beautiful piano-driven "Mississippi" about missing home and the honest "Strangers On A Train."

The Mrs. Fitzsimmons' and I had the unexpected pleasure of seeing Nail perform a couple of songs at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville this summer and the guy has pipes. I'm sure watching the Missouri-native do an entire set of his own music would be a show to see! In the mean time, check out his first, and hopefully not last, shot at the big time.

Sergio del Limónar

No comments:

Post a Comment