Friday, January 8, 2010

MUSIC: "Mamacita"

Usually I don't partake in the entertainment offered on airplanes. I prefer to either read or sleep. Often it's the later that wins; for some reason take-of makes me sleepy. On a recent flight, however, I found myself listening to the music selection offered on continual rotation. One song in the "Pop Music" bandwidth caught my ear and I made sure I listened to it the three times it came around again.

German-born Mark Medlock's 2009 single, "Mamacita", off his Club Tropicana album is a catchy and sexy tune ripe for a day at the beach or dancing in your kitchen as you whip up some dinner. Those of you Spanish-phobes need not worry, as the only non-English word is in the repeated titular phrase.

In the song, Medlock is essentially asking the mother of the love of his life to give him her approval. He sings, "Oh, Mamacita give me your daughter, 'cause such a girl is hard to find!" The steady melody and slightly island-beats add to the happy groove of the song.

Download this now and be the first to introduce a great new song to your friends!

Sergio del Limonar

No comments:

Post a Comment