Tuesday, December 8, 2009

RECIPE: Candy Cane Cookies


When I was little my Great Aunt Ida-Lynne would make those ever-present Christmas dessert-platter staples, the Candy Cane Cookie. I remember caring more if my Great Aunt would serve the cookies or not and if there would be enough of them (amidst the choco-coco balls, powdery Russian tea cakes, and red & green sprinkled sugar cookies) to go around between all the dinner guests almost more than I anticipated opening presents!

Well, I haven't had a Candy Cane Cookie as good as my Great Aunt used to make them. My grandmother's were good but, bless her heart, not the same. The closest I've come myself is from that master chef, Betty Crocker. It's a lot of work, but if you get good, you can live eternally in the minds of those you love as the one who made the best Candy Cane Cookies EVER. Not a bad way to be remembered!

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment