Monday, December 7, 2009

MUSIC: "Breathless"

I almost hate myself for liking this song so much. I normally despise super sappy lyrics, falsetto-voiced male vocalists, and blue-eyed soul slow ballads, so together I would imagine my head exploding. Maybe it's the cute guy singing the song. Could I be that shallow?

Shayne Ward, the winner of the second season of Britain's American Idol-like show, X-Factor, sings this schmaltzy love song, "Breathless," off his 2007 album by the same name, with such honesty and sincerity that you want to believe every word he says. Even lyrics like "...if we had babies they would look like you," which would normally leave me in hacking fits on the floor, seem genuine.

It must be the holiday season if I'm feeling this ooey-gooey...

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment