Sunday, May 17, 2009

MUSIC: My Sweet Song

I live for those moments when you discover a song when you least expected it. Walking through a store, at a friend of a friend's party, on an elevator (heaven forbid). I was watching the movie, "PS: I Love You" recently and during one of those time-is-passing sequences in the film the featured song clip caught my ear.

The song, "My Sweet Song," by Toby Lightman, is a jazz-tinged melody about a once forgotten love that has returned unwanted. It can be found on both the soundtrack to the aforementioned film as well as her 2006 album, Bird on a Wire.

I don't know much about Lightman, except that she did a beautiful duet with Marc Broussard on his SOS: Save Our Souls album that I really over-played. I think this is a good sign I need to check out more of her stuff. Future "Toby Lightman" themed Zonino...?

Sergio del Limónar

No comments:

Post a Comment