Friday, May 1, 2009

RECIPE: Coconut Banana Bread

Give your boring old banana bread an amazing kick! My friend Sarah, AKA "Betty Crocker," made this version of the delicious treat and passed on the recipe to me so I'm not sure of it's exact origins. My oven sucks and even with the uneven cooking and forgetting to evenly mix in the baking soda, it still turned out tasting pretty good! Well, the middle did anyway. I'm sure you'll have better luck. (Remember, even if it burns and you completely ruin it, there's always the rest of the bottle of rum...)

INGREDIENTS

1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed banana (2 or 3 bananas)
1/4 c. plain yogurt
3 tb. dark rum
1/2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. coconut

WHAT TO DO

Beat the sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time - I beat the batter for about a minute after adding each. Add the banana, yogurt, rum, and vanilla. Then add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the coconut. Bake in greased bread pan at 350 for one hour, más o menos. Cool on a wire rack.
For the glaze, mix 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 1 tb. coconut and 1 1/2 tb. lime juice.

Sergio del Limónar

No comments:

Post a Comment