Thursday, August 26, 2010

YOUTUBE: Mike Tompkins Acapella cover

My two favorite types of videos on YouTube are those from people with talent and those who have waaaay too much time on their hands. This video, therefore, in double my pleasure and double my fun because it accomplishes both feats.

A gentleman named Mike Tompkins has created an acapella mash-up of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" and Bruno Mars' "Just The Way You Are". Its similar to some Star Wars acapella video I saw awhile back that used one person and some split screened editing to make as many parts as needed, but I don't like Stars Wars much and these songs are just more entertaining. Tompkins sings not only the lead and harmonizing vocals but also mimics guitars, percussion, bass, and somethings called a "kick" and a "pad" which I can only assume to be more percussion (?). Either way, it is incredible and the more this guy clones himself its all the better in my book!

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment