Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MUSIC: Traveling Like the Light

A few months ago, iTunes generously offered up a single called "Shark In The Water" by pop new-comer V.V. Brown. I found myself over-playing it and asking others if they'd heard it. (No one ever had.) Well, V.V.'s album, Traveling Like the Light is now available and it is just as great as the single I so love!

If you're not convinced to just run out and buy this album, then let me try and entice you. First off, she's British, and if there is anything we have learned, music-wise, in the past couple years, its that the Brits know a thing or two about good pop music. (See: Joss Stone, Lily Allen, Amy Winehouse, Duffy, James Morrison, etc.) Second, this song is good pop-dance music, meaning minimal synths and other artificial noise-makers. Thirdly, download the joyous flashback doo-wop inspired "L.O.V.E." and "Crazy Amazing" and tell me you hate it. I dare you.

Can you tell that I love this thing!?! As a bonus, it is on sale on iTunes for $6.99 right now! Even they want you to experience the greatness!

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment