Friday, July 9, 2010

MUSIC: "Astronomy"

A friend of mine recently was bemoaning the state of pop music today; something I can totally relate to. If it doesn't come from a lady with a lobster on her face or from some Disney-created pop tart with a terrible voice, people won't listen. Its a shame really. So I asked my friend what prompted this specific rant and he ordered me to "listen!" to what was being played on our bar's electronic juke box. He said, "I don't understand why Blue Öyster Cult never achieved the fame of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd." I didn't want to admit that I wasn't familiar with the band that was allegedly playing, but that would have only made his point, I guess.

Anyways, I checked them out and I do believe he is right; they are a great and under-appreciated band. Check out "Astronomy" from their 1974 album, Secret Treaties.

Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment